Sasha loves her little projects! She loves to paint and uses every opportunity to do so. Among her other favorites are gluing, drawing, and science projects. Over the summer we accumulated so many Artworks that they were just laying everywhere - on the bookcases, on all tables, even in Sasha's bedroom. I've read that displaying your little one's artwork can boost their confidence and creativity. So we decided to make a DIY dreamy art display with paper hot air balloons.
Since we don't have a dedicated playroom and our play space is in the living room, I was sure I don't want to have an art display there as well. This space near the window in Sasha's bedroom was perfect for this project.
I decided to go with the same colors as the rest of the bedroom (light gray, white, light pink, and light peach). It took a bit of practice to make paper air balloons but overall this project didn't take long.
- 2 boards
- pin cloths
- acrylic paint
- wood glue
- cardstock paper in different colors
- glue stick
- decorative rope
- napkins holder or some sort of small baskets for air balloons like this one
1. To make a display: Cut your wooden boards to desired lengths, paint it the color you want, or leave it raw. Paint pin cloths and glue it to the board, leaving enough space in between to display artwork. I used acrylic paint mixed with white chalk paint to make it more pastel color and less bright.
PIN IT, MAKE IT >>>>>>
2. To make an air balloon you'll need to make a template. Cut 5 pieces in the same size. Fold it in half and glue one to another as shown in the picture below. Using a glue gun, attach the thread with the napkin holder to the paper. I found this napkin holder in Goodwill for $1. As an alternative, you can use mini baskets that are used for a dollhouse play, or you can make it yourself. I found a good tutorial here.
VIDEO TUTORIAL for
You can watch it on my YouTube channel
You can also find it on my Instagram @ifonlyapril
3. To make clouds, use the same approach as air balloons. Only in this case, you need 4 shapes.
I think this paper hot air balloons could be also perfect for a birthday party! Something to think about!
Also, don't forget to follow me on Pinterest, where I create inspiration boards for my next projects.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE