DIY ROUND WALL SHELF
A good-looking shelf is always a great idea, when it's a DIY round wall shelf it's an excellent idea!
This project turned out so good and it's really simple to make. I think it can be a great Christmas present because no one said no to a shelf ever. 😁 shelves would never go underappreciated haha
I got the plywood circle at Home Depot. At first, I thought it could probably be a notch smaller for this shelf, but this size turned out to be just perfect for our space. I put it in my kid's playroom and it will be part of a kid's playroom makeover that I'm planning to do soon! But I already have a few friends who've been eyeing this shelf for their house.
It's so easily customizable and you could fit in with any color theme of your decor!
So let's see how we can make this easy DIY round wall shelf for the holiday season
Time: 30 minutes
If you prefer a video version of this easy DIY wall shelf,
you can watch it here
PIN IT TO MAKE IT LATER>>>>>>
- Measure the length and placement of the shelf. Cut 1x4" to length. I placed mine at ⅓ from the bottom of the circle. The best part about it - you can't go wrong and either way it will work!
- Draw a line with a pencil where the shelf will go. Drill holes for screws all the way through the circle.
- Take wood glue and attach 1x4" to the circle. Use clamps to secure positioning.
- Flip it over and add screws from behind. It's important to use good quality screws. I had some screws from IKEA kit that I had left and when I tried to use them, it didn't go as planned. The screw head twisted and wore off before fully driven inside. So I used 2" construction screws with a star head. Also, remember that wood glue bonding is even stronger than screws 😉
- Let it dry and apply a coat of stain to the top and paint the bottom, or leave it as it is. It's so customizable to fit any place in your home. I also used a conditioner before I stained the top part.
- To hang it on the wall I used a picture hanging hook that I added on the back. I'm not planning to put anything heavy on it so it should be fine. Just make sure that the hook is perfectly aligned with the shelf so when it's hanging on the wall it's straight.
Now I'm looking at it and I think 3 pegs on the bottom also could be a great addition to this design! I might try this later!
How do you like this shelf? I think it's so simple but quite good looking and could make a great gift or addition to your home!
Let me know in the comments if you like shelves as much as I love them😅
We thought you might also like