We absolutely love an advent calendar tradition in this house. This year I decided to take it to a new level and make it till New Year's Eve night. I'm making it for my 2-year-old daughter and you can read about small gift ideas and tips here. This rustic simple last-minute advent calendar can be a great source of inspiration if you are looking for something easy.
- Small brown paper bags
- June twine
- Small clothespins (I got mine in Michaels but you can find it for a better price here)
- Decorations, you can use trimmed branches from your Christmas tree (optional)
- Decorative clips
1. Arrange paper bags on the floor to see how many rows you will need and what's the best layout for the calendar
2. Measure appropriate places on the wall and attach decorative clips
3. Pull the June twine in a shape of the Christmas tree and attach it to the hooks
4. Fill paper bags with small items (find ideas for a 2-year-old girl here). You can also wrap paper bags in a jute twine but I didn't want to do any extra work so left it as it is.
5. Draw numbers on paper bags and hang them in order. I have no idea why I hung them from right to left. Don't judge, it's a pregnancy brain 😉
Your simple elegant advent calendar is ready. Merry Christmas!
If you are looking for a Craft Advent calendar for your toddler you might like
Advent calendar from last year: ADVENT CALENDAR 2017
PIN FOR LATER >>>>