Bohemian wall decor is very popular these days. The moon phase chain is such an adorable AND easy thing to make. Let me show you how to do it. I absolutely adore it hanging on our mantel and book wall, but it also would look super cute hanging vertically. I think this will be its next position on the wall 🙂 If you are in love with the look of these terracotta vases, read how to make any ugly vase into this beauty here.
Time: 1 hour (+drying time)
Disclaimer: Please note, that some of the links below are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support this way.
- Small clay cutters
- Cookie cutters
- Rolling pan
- Jewelry making tool kit (you could use regular players but it might be more difficult)
1. Roll out red clay ⅛" thickness
2. Using cookie cutters or some other round shape object, make 3 circles and 6 half-moons. To make a half-moon, take the same round cookie cutter and make a cut 1.5 in from the edge.
Correct the shape with water. I also like to even the edges and smooth them with fingers so the edge appears nice.
3. Take a small clay cutter and make holes on both sides of your circles and half-moons. You will need it to add the chain later.
3. Let it dry for 24 hours. You'd want the clay to be fully cured before you attach the chain.
PIN FOR LATER>>>>>>>>
4. Carefully break the chain, using jewelry pliers. My chain sizes vary from 3-4 in. Add a small ring to all the small holes that you've made before and connect clay circles with a chain.
5. Repeat as many times as you want. I have 3 moons and 6 half-moons.
And that's how simple it is to make a bohemian moon phases chain. Don't hesitate, try to make this bohemian wall decor today and it will look gorgeous on your walls!
WE THOUGHT YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
How to make this adorable tassel chandelier