When I was renovating my garage and making an Ultimate tool bench, I had the vision to attach a pegboard to the wall. I thought it would be easy peasy, and I can just screw it directly to the wall. Well, not so easy, since I have cinder block walls in my garage, so I had to attach a pegboard to a cinder block or a cement wall.
I first had an encounter with it last summer, when I put storage shelves on the wall.
It's not complicated but requires a bit of work. Let me walk you through how to attach a pegboard to the cinder block.
- 3 - 1x3x8 (I didn't have it so I used plywood ripped in approx 3in)
- 4x8' Pegboard (the whole sheet didn't fit into the car, so I cut it in half at the store)
- Concrete screws
- Masonry hammer drill bit
Do you prefer a video format?
How to attach pegboard to concrete wall
1. Cut your wood to lengths. Mine was 4ft long, so it was easy.
You need to make a "frame" that will go under the pegboard.
I drilled holes with hammer drill bits and attached planks to the cinder blocks, using concrete screws.
This part is the hardest! It takes some strength to drill the holes, and I'm glad that I don't have to do it any time soon again.
2. Attach 3 planks across, creating a frame. You can also put it on the sides, but I had enough of drilling through concrete, so I just left it at horizontal planks.
3. Using small screws, attach the pegboard to the planks. Use the screws with bigger heads, so it doesn't go through the pegboard holes.
And you are done! You've got yourself a pegboard attached to cinder blocks.
What should we put in the middle?
I'm thinking to create a logo and attach it there! And maybe also to frame the pegboards? Hmm... but this is some other time!!
Let's take a second of appreciation for this Ultimate tool bench! Isn't it perfect? Omg! I think it's amazing!!! Go check out how I made it if you haven't seen it yet.
If you'd like to follow my garage makeover journey, follow me on YouTube and watch it on video!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Read how I made simple garage storage shelves, spending only $40 on lumber. Find it here.
I hope to see you very soon!
Let's be friends on social! I try to post on Instagram the progress of my projects! And also started a YouTube channel where I post videos on how I make all sorts of things!