A day full of energy starts with oatmeal. But did you know how many benefits oatmeal has for your skin? Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory properties and is perfect for most skin types, especially for sensitive skin, it contains saponins (a cleansing agent), it is moisturizing and helps remove dead skin cells. Oatmeal also can help treat acne, eczema, rosacea, and rashes. That sounds great, isn't it? Honey is a great natural moisturizer and also an anti-aging ingredient for skin. Today I'll show you how to make an easy DIY Almond Oatmeal Milk Soap. It will only take 15 minutes but benefits will last for a long time.
- Microwave safe measuring cup (or any glass bowl)
- Microwave or Double boiler
- Soap mold
- Something to stir with. I used an old spoon.
1. I used ½ lb of goat milk soap and it was enough for 3 soap bars. Cut the soap base into small cubes and melt it using a microwave or double boiler. I used a double boiler, stirring soap base all the time.
2. When the base is completely melted add some oats, sweet almond fragrance, honey and two tsp of vitamin E. The honey gives it more creamy ivory color and I ended up using 3 spoons of it.
3. Pour the mixture into the soap base and allow it to cool down for an hour. I moved mine a little and it got "wrinkly", so don't move it unless you want to get this effect.
4. Remove soap from the mold and enjoy! It smells and feels delicious!
This soap could be a great present or as a party favors! I hope you enjoyed this Oatmeal Honey Milk tutorial. I'll definitely be making more soap in the future and share with you my recipes. In the meantime, you can check out my Exfoliating Coffee and Milk Soap recipe.
I would love to see your recipes and give them a try. Leave it in a comment below and I'll make sure to try it.