Sasha's latest obsession (besides beloved dinosaurs) are trained. I guess it's a stage that every kid goes through. No wonder here, transport is so fascinating, even I wouldn't mind to play with it and share the fun with my kid 😀 I got this idea to make her the train for toys from cardboxes. But what fun it would be to have just a train without passengers? So we made it suitable for all her favorite toys to ride them around. It has been a hit for the last few days and I thought I'd share how I made it. It's quite self-explanatory and will take you about an hour to make. That's in case if you want to go fancy with paint and make it more fun.
- 2 cardboards (I used one from the baby wipes)
- red paint (I used a color sampler from Home Depot)
- gold paint spray
- paper plates
- passengers, probably the ones that won't complain
- Cut the box to the desired height. You don't want it to be too deep to make your passengers comfortable. You can also just choose boxes the right size from the beginning.
- Paint your boxes and let them fully dry.
- Cut the wheels from the plates and paint them gold.
- Attach paper plates to the train with brads
- Cut the board and add the name on the front of the train. There is something very special about having your name in the head of the train. Sasha was so excited to see that it belongs to her, even though there was no doubt in ownership ;D
- Add the rope and let your kids imagination to take over
This train for toys from card boxes was a hit and Sasha even attempted to give a ride to her younger sister, which was met without enthusiasm from my side. But gave me an idea of our next fun adventure 😀
p.s. no passengers filed a complaint and everyone was safe and happy
YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS
DIY ACTIVITY CUBE FOR TODDLERS
DIY FELT CHRISTMAS TREE FOR TODDLERS
Leave a Reply